Acura RL Parts and Acura RL Accessories
Six Interesting Firsts from Acura RL
- 1995 saw a milestone in the automobile transmission system in the form of one of Acura RL parts. This time around, connecting rods were block-forged, resulting in a more efficient engine operation where connecting rod motions are smoother yet more rigid. Connecting rods are the ones responsible for providing fluid movement within the engine and a problem with one rod can cause a lot for an engine.
- In 1997, Acura RL brought yet another first in automobile technology by offering a satellite-linked navigation system that is installed right into the dashboard. This special feature allows the driver to know his or her exact location with the help of a satellite. Its print advertisement says that the system works "so you'll never lose the directions."
- In 1999, Acura RL takes pride in being a pioneer in the Dual-Stage Passenger SRS. The airbag system works in varying deployment powers. If the Acura RL experiences a low-speed collision, the airbag inflators in the dashboard will be activated in sequence with less initial force. During high-speed collision, however, these inflators will be triggered at the same time to produce greater impact force to protect the driver and passenger. This system works with the seatbelts which automatically tightens when a collision is detected. The Acura RL was the first automobile to ever possess such system.
- Another first from Acura RL came in the year 2004 when it introduced a system that brings customer support to a whole new level. The system is a satellite-linked communication feature is one of the Acura RL accessories that allow the owner to directly communicate with Acura offices. This saves a lot of time and effort in troubleshooting and fixing small problems in the car.
- As many all know, Acura is a subsidiary of the Japanese make Honda. The year 2004 proved how generous a parent Honda is by allowing Acura RL to be the first vehicle to carry Honda's Super Handling - All Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) system. This all-wheel-drive system is equipped with torque-vectoring capabilities for a more efficient drive even on the roughest climates.
- Acura RL is also the first automobile to have wheels that utilize the Helmholtz resonators in the year 2012. This feature boasts of reducing interior noise and insulating outside noise for over 15 percent. Minimal as it seems but a number of car critics commend this upgrade as it eventually contributes to ride comfort and luxury.