Some Facts About the Acura Vigor
- The Vigor is the fruit of Acura's attempt to stay ahead of the modern trends. Back then, Acura predicted that customers would want smaller and more fuel-efficient vehicles. With this in mind, the company designed the Acura and offered it at a price that's a lot lower compared to other sedans that time.
- A Vigor commercial meant for the Japanese market was seen as one of the most inappropriate vehicle ads. The ad featured a courtesan who is being taken to an appointment with a lady client-who eventually gets in the Vigor. The ad did not only present provocative shots of the girls, but it also showed a scene where the client's butler whiffs the underwear of the prostitute. Released during the 1990s, the commercial was considered racy and unconventional.
- An interesting difference between the Honda Accord (its parent car) and the Vigor is that almost everything that came with the Accord became optional in the Vigor. These include: cruise control, air conditioning system that had automatic fan speed control and thermostatically monitored temperature, power windows, and power steering.
- In paper, the Accord and the Vigor had but minor differences in the equipment. However, producing a vehicle under different names gave Honda the freedom to sell the car at different sales channels in Japan. The Vigor was sold at Honda Verno dealerships, while the Accord was sold at Honda Clio dealerships.
- The Vigor offered the world's first automatic car-navigation system, the Electro Gyrocator. This part, however, was just an optional feature of the vehicle.
- The Vigor appeared in a number of movies such as: Serial Mom (1994), Sleeper Cell (2005), Superbad (2007), The Family Holiday (2007), The Accidental Husband (2008), Ali G in Da USAii (2003), Mrs. Doubtfire (1993), Shameless (2010), and The Room (2003). An interesting similarity among these movies is that all of them featured the 1992 version of the Acura Vigor.
- In all three years of production (1992, 1993, and 1994), the Vigor was offered in seven colors. Acura kept changing the color offers except for the Grenada Black Pearl and Regal Plum Pearl color choices.