The Complete Guide in Choosing Your Akebono Ceramic Pads
Because of the many brake pad brands in the market, it's hard to choose the best one. You need to do a bit of research before you could take your pick. If you've selected Akebono ceramic pads, you're only halfway through the entire buying process. You know, Akebono offers three different types of ceramic brake pads. Each type has unique properties and features. If you want to arrive at the right decision, you need to learn more about them.
Akebono Euro Ultra-Premium Ceramic Pads
- What makes them awesome: These are not ordinary ceramic brake pads. They are constructed and produced mainly for European cars. As OE replacements, these pads are outstanding because they are able to perform at par with the original pads. They provide strong braking power that doesn't fade when driving on curvy roads. There's minimal brake noise, and it only happens during the first few minutes of driving. Aesthetically, they look sleeker and thinner; they complement really well with the elegance and luxurious appeal of European cars.
- Where they fit: Akebono Euro Ultra-Premium are designed and engineered specifically for European cars. They are best used for BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, and other luxury automobiles.
Akebono Pro-act Ultra-Premium Ceramic Pads
- What makes them awesome: One of the best things about these pads is they are asbestos free. They provide long-lasting stopping power for your car while keeping the environment clean. They won't produce lots of brake dust even after using them for weeks.
- Where they fit: Perfect for regular vehicles that do not require "warm up." It is highly recommended for personal cars or family vans.
Akebono Street Performance Ultra-Premium Ceramic Pads
- What makes them awesome: These pads are crafted to provide strong brake bite even under intense road conditions like driving on race tracks. Because of their unique slotted style, these pads don't wear out unevenly. For a smoother and quieter ride, the pad set includes a shim made of premium friction materials that have excellent damping qualities. Their price is fairly reasonable, given their heavy-duty properties.
- Where they fit: These pads work best on race cars, towing trucks, and police cabs that run faster than regular vehicles.