Audi A8 Quattro Parts and Audi A8 Quattro Accessories
Six Fun Facts to Know about Audi A8 Quattro
- 2005 Audi A8 quattro carries a 4.2 L diesel V8 engine that is said to be Audi's most powerful engine for a passenger automobile. It can reach a power of up to 322 hp and can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in only 5.9 seconds. The difference includes molybdenum steel crankshaft, aluminum cylinder heads, and a catalytic converter that has oxidizing capabilities.
- The 2003 Audi A8 quattro and front-wheel drive model is one of the most memorable vehicles of the make. Its advertising campaign consisted of a large budget that can afford a production that lasted for almost a year. This included an estimated number of 600 people including creative specialists from Audi and advertising agencies, photographers, directors, actors, composers, and a symphony orchestra. It all paid off when it became a rough competitor against Mercedes S-Class immediately after its release in UK.
- The Audi A8-quattro or otherwise-has appeared in a couple of action film car chases. In the 2010 movie From Paris with Love, a badass CIA John Travolta sets off a rocket launcher from the car's passenger window. The third Transporter movie, on the other hand, revolves around Frank Martin and his bracelet that would explode if he gets more than 75 feet away from his Audi A8L W12.
- On the fourth episode of the third season of Modern Family, patriarch Jay Pritchett was seen driving an Audi A8. Pritchett is the father and grandfather to the two central families in the series. Judging from the fact that he is a successful businessman with a preference for luxurious houses and extravagant cars, it might be an Audi A8 quattro.
- Car owners would have imagined driving an Audi A8 quattro coupe. In 1997, this would have become a dream come true as a two-door A8 was unveiled. The prototype had no central pillar but came with a roofline that is gradually sloping. Unfortunately, it was decided not to produce the model due to expected low sales figures.
- The 2010 model of the Audi A8 is a pioneer in Audi's Multi Media Interface (MMI) navigation. It works with the help of a high-capacity hard disk. In the MMI navigation system, all a driver has to do is write his or her destination on the touch-sensitive screen with his or her finger.