BMW 750IL Parts and BMW 750IL Accessories
Bonding with Bond: Fun Facts about the BMW 750il
- Featuring high-tech gadgetry, tear gas dispensers, mounted missiles under the hood, and a set of cable snippers popping from the car logo, the 1997 BMW 750il made its starring appearance in the James Bond film, Tomorrow Never Dies. In addition to the BMW 750il's unique artillery, the auto in the film featured a second steering wheel on the back seat. Because of the additional steering wheel, this BMW shown in the film is capable of being remotely controlled.
- Additionally, the car chase scene with James Bond's BMW 750il took around three weeks to film. The scene, which was shortened only into several minutes, portrayed the auto being chased by a rocket as the 750 was plunging off a car park roof. The BMW model eventually ended in ruins in a Hamburg street.
- The 007 film featured an incredibly tech-savvy and modified BMW 750il with an imaginative set of features. Some of these unique configurations include a security system that emits electric charges to scare off thieves. It had all sorts of hidden compartments that required James Bond's fingerprints to access. It also featured re-inflating tires and a voice capability to complete the AI feel of the spy vehicle.
- Akin to another James Bond film, Tomorrow Never Dies' BMW 750il sported the plate number, B-MT 2144, which is similar to that of Golden Eye's Aston Martin DB5, which wore the plate numberBMT 214A.
- Both BMW and Aston Martin models are favorite choices for James Bond films. In fact, both models appeared in almost every film. The Aston Martin starred in Skyfall, Quantum of Solace, Casino Royale, Die another Day, while the BMW starred in The World is not Enough, Tomorrow Never Dies, and Golden Eye among others.
- Did you know that the 2000 model of the BMW 750il V-12 came with a factory bullet-proof option? You see, this BMW model had reinforced wheels, thicker glass, extra steel setting, and a Kevlar-type material. With this protective armor, BMW boasts that the 750il provides an impermeable defense against 9MM and .357 handguns and light submachine guns. With this protective feature, BMW 750il owners can surely feel the 007 vibe when driving down the road.