BMW M6 Parts and BMW M6 Accessories
Interesting Facts about the BMW M6
- The first generation of the BMW M6 was a combination of the BMW M1 M88/3 engine and the BMW 6 Series chassis. It was produced from 1983 to 1989 as the only M6 that had a manual transmission. Its European version had a speed of 158 mph, which made it the second fastest BMW, following the M1.
- Its second generation, which was produced from 2005 to 2010, was based on the 2004 BMW E63/E64 6 Series. It was available in two body styles, the coupe and the cabriolet, more commonly known as the convertible. The 2010 release of the M6 became the second most expensive BMW in the US, which followed the BMW 760Li.
- The third and latest generation of the BMW M6 is a hybrid of the BMW F12/F13, the BMW N63/S63, and the BMW M5 or F10. It is offered in 2-door coupes and convertibles and in 4-door convertibles, which has an exclusive kidney grille with an M6 badge as a tribute to the first M6.
- The latest releases of the BMW M6 were launched in 2012 and both were highlighted in the Goodwood Festival of Speed of the same year. This festival is a hill climb event in West Sussex, England. Usually held in June or July, historic motor racing vehicles from the United Kingdom are featured in the festival. Tom Onslow-Cole, a British driving champion, drove the M6 Coupe and Tiff Needell, an ex-racer and a television personality, steered the wheels of the M6 Convertible. Coincidentally, BMW celebrates its 40th year of the M series in the same year.
- The BMW M6 is included in the video game Need for Speed. In Need for Speed: Undercover, the M6 is a Tier 2 car that is unlocked upon reaching the level Wheelman. In Need for Speed: World, the M6 Coupe version appears in Tier 2. In Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, the M6 Convertible belongs to the super racer class and its colors are customizable.
- Celebrities love the BMW M6. Race car driver Marco Andretti uses one for his daily drives. Portuguese football player Cristiano Ronaldo, NBA LA Lakers player Andrew Bynum, and DJ Afrojack each own a BMW M6 as well.