Chevrolet C1500 Suburban Parts and Chevrolet C1500 Suburban Accessories
Facts You Didn't Know about the Chevrolet C1500 Suburban
- The Suburban was originally intended as a military vehicle. The first unit came off the assembly line in 1936. Its use was intended for National Guard and Civilian Conservation Corps units. It shared a resemblance with commercial trucks and had provisions for seating eight passengers at most.
- Having such a long history since its inception, the Chevrolet Suburban has a record of being a heavily modified truck. It has changed its appearance over 25 times, spanning twelve generations of models. The latest model is scheduled to be released in 2013.
- For over twelve generations, the Chevrolet Suburban has had one main problem: fuel economy. With such large dimensions, heavy weight, and a powerful engine to match, no wonder the Chevrolet Suburban needs more gas per mile. According to the EPA, its MPG when driving in the city and on the highwayare 14 and 20 respectively.
- With it having measurements of 222 inches and weighing 6300 lbs., it holds the record for being the longest non-commercial vehicle in GM's stable. It has also been the subject of criticisms such as inadequate garage space and off-center steering wheels.
- The Chevrolet Suburban and the GMC Yukon XL has a similar history: they're basically twins who share the same name and identical appearances. The 'Suburban' name was dropped from the GMC name and was renamed 'Yukon XL' in 2000, but that didn't stop the similarity: today, they're both built in the same factory.
- The Suburban, with its wide frame and its 'carry all, haul anything' reputation, has had a lot of uses. There was a time when it was used as a military vehicle. Today, the Suburban's uses range from being a police car, a fire chief's vehicle , an EMS fly-car, or even a luxury car a limousine.
- The Suburban has also seen uses as a car for security. In fact, security forces for foreign dignitaries use them. The most popular security force to have a fleet of Suburbans is the US Secret Service, which uses black Suburbans. There have been occasions when these have been used to transport the President of the United States when he goes to less formal engagements.