Chevrolet Celebrity Parts and Chevrolet Celebrity Accessories
Interesting Facts about the Chevrolet Celebrity
- The Chevrolet Celebrity is part of the General Motors A platform (or A-body) for mid-sized cars produced from 1982 to 1996. The A-body consisted of three body styles: four-door sedan, two-door coupe, and four-door station wagon. Other A-body vehicles with the same 104.5-in wheelbase as the Celebrity are the Pontiac 6000, the Buick Century, and the Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera.
- Did you know that the Chevrolet Celebrity was celebrated as the best-selling car in the United States in 1986? This is indeed a milestone for this Chevy nameplate that only produced one generation of its kind in about its eight years of existence. It was also considered as one of the most successful Chevrolets ever built.
- The successor of the mid-sized Chevrolet Malibu, the Celebrity featured a rather angular but aerodynamic styling, making it more spacious and easier to handle. These are just some of the mid-sized sedan's characteristics made it a favorite when it comes to fleet vehicle and taxi cabs.
- An earlier Chevrolet model, the 1980 Chevrolet Citation was reported to be poorly designed as proven by the numerous recalls and complaints on its rear brakes. Sales of the Citation dipped on its third year, and although the launching of a Chevrolet Citation II in 1984 struggled to regain the reputation of General Motors, it only happened when the Chevrolet Celebrity was introduced in 1982. About 400,000 units of the 1986 Celebrity model were sold from 1984 to 1987, which concluded it as a successful comeback for the Chevrolet Citation.
- The 1982 and 1987 Chevrolet Celebrity had its share of becoming a celebrity as it appeared in several Hollywood movies such as Twins (1988), American Pie (1999), and Scary Movie 4 (2006), among others. The Celebrity's 1990 Eurosport also made a cameo in car chase scene in the action movie Lethal Weapon 3 in 1992.
- The Chevrolet Celebrity offered a Eurosport package that boasts of Sport Rallye wheels with 14" steel, a classy black steering wheel, and a firmer F41 suspension, among others. Its interiors featured red emblems on the interiors and the dashboard. Its engine was similar to the other Chevy Celebrity models.