Chevrolet Express 1500 Parts and Chevrolet Express 1500 Accessories
What You Don't Know about the Chevrolet Express 1500
- Just like all the Chevrolet Express full-size passenger vans, the 1500 has a seating available for up to 15 adults, making it an ideal vehicle for large families and commercial use. It also comes with a 5.3-liter V8 engine (that generates 310 horsepower) a four-speed automatic transmission, and a standard rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.
- The Express in Chevrolet Express series was only introduced in 1996. It was formerly known as the Chevrolet Sportsvan. The change was brought about by the significant changes in the vehicle's body styling like new power plants, high-mounted taillights, and a new and improved cabin, which basically gave the Chevy the edge over Ford and Dodge.
- There is really not much difference between the Chevrolet Express 1500 and the Chevrolet Express 2500. When it comes to cabin space, both these vehicles have the same headroom and legroom-hence, the both offer maximum ride comfort. However, the 1500 seems to have better fuel efficiency, requires a smaller parking space, and a whole lot cheaper compared to the 2500.
- Before the major redesign in 1996, the Chevrolet Express vans shared the same basic platform for nearly 30 years. The sheet metal was also barely changed in 25 years. Engine choices vary, though. They range from an inline-6 all the way up to 6.2-liter diesel and 7.4-liter gasoline V8s. The most popular Chevy engine, however, was the 5.7-liter (350-cubic-inch for the older vans) V8.
- For the Express 1500 lineup, two Vortec engines are available. One is a 195-hp 4.3-liter V6 available only on the rear-wheel drive cargo van, and the other is a 310-hp E85 FlexFuel 5.3-liter V8. Both engines come with a four-speed automatic transmission.
- The Express 1500 passenger vans are available in an LS or an LT trim, which can accommodate up to 8 passengers and offer several convenient options. The Express 1500 cargo vans, on the other hand, come in a Work Van or an Upfitter trim-which provide an excellent base for a multi-purpose utility vehicle. Some of its safety features include StabiliTrak, four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes, and front airbags with a side curtain airbag.