Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Parts and Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Accessories
Awesome Facts about the Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD
- Built using the GM GMT880 platform, the Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD has the strongest suspension amongst its Silverado HD brothers. The Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD basically shares the same engine and transmission features as the 2500 HD does, however dual rear wheels were exclusively designed for the 3500 HD Silverado series.
- Three body styles were available for the Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD: the regular, extended, and crew cab designs. Also, the Work Truck, LT, and high-end LTZ were the trim levels offered for the 3500 HD.
- An impressive 6.6-liter Duramax V8 engine powers the Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD, and it's coupled with a six-speed Allison 1000 automatic transmission. It can tow up to 16,700 pounds and carry up to 5,511 pounds. This makes the 3500 HD a beast when towing and carrying heavy cargo.
- With its fully-boxed and high-strength steel framed chassis, the Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD has a maximum payload capacity of 7,215 pounds, thanks to its carefully-engineered suspension components.
- Thanks to its new 36-gallon fuel tank, the 3500 HD's Duramax V8 engine can ulitize up to 680 highway miles of fuel on a single tank. Also, it's compatible with B20 biodiesel making it environmentally-compliant.
- A 3500 HD Regular Cab has a maximum towing capacity of 23,000 pounds with a fifth-wheel trailer. The Crew and Extended Cabs have a maximum towing capacity of 18,000 pounds using a conventional hitch.
- Chevrolet also included bigger precision-forged upper control arms and torsion bars, mated with a larger steering gear to support up to a 6,000 pound Front Gross Axle Weight Rating or FGWAR. This allows for Silverado HD owners to easily adjust the vehicle's ride height when needed.
- The HD Z71 Appearance Package is the newest trim line for the 3500 HD which includes bright doorsill plates, body-colored bumpers, chrome mesh grill, mirrors, and door handles just to name a few. A new set of 18-inch forged-aluminum wheels wrapped in all-terrain tires give the 3500 HD a beefier stance.
- A Tow/Haul mode feature was introduced to the new line of Silverado 3500 HDs to improve performance while carry heavy loads or pulling a trailer. Also, the Cruise Grade Braking was added to help with engine compression braking when slowing the vehicle and its load.