Dodge Ram 1500 Van Parts and Dodge Ram 1500 Van Accessories
Quick Facts about the Dodge Ram 1500 Van
- Rolling off the assembly line for the first time in 1981, the Dodge Ram 1500 van was first known as the "150." The name change from 150 to 1500 happened in 1989, which was followed by an external overhauling in the vehicle in the middle of the 1990s.
- The name says it all. The Dodge Ram 1500 van is the half-ton macho fellow from one of Chrysler's automobile divisions. A heavy-duty cargo van in all its functions and exteriors, the big guy rightly deserves the name it has been baptized with, with the term "ram" used as an identfifier for Dodge's lineup of high-performing makes.
- Emerging as a unique brand of vans and wagons, the Dodge Ram 1500 sports a unibody construction that allows it to have greater payload capacity and cargo space as compared to its counterparts from other car brands. According to Daimler Chyrsler, this advantageously sets the Ram lineup apart in the automotive industry in terms of heavy-duty capacity.
- A certified powerhouse, the ensemble of Dodge Ram 1500 van parts allow the vehicle to have as much as 4,150 to 8,600 pounds of towing capacity. It can even haul loads that are double its own weight. This is made possible by the macho automobile's 175-horsepower, 3.9-liter V-6 engine. Ram 1500 takers can also opt to choose an upgraded version of the engine-a 235-horsepower, 5.2-liter V-8 compartment.
- Although the Ram 1500's built is made mainly to perform laborious tasks, it still manages to have a homey interior set-up that can seat three to six people. This space has the dimensions of 41 inches at the front headroom and legroom, 66 inches at the front shoulder room, and around 63 inches at the hip room. This tough cargo van's cozy zone is even equipped with Dodge Ram 1500 van accessories that can definitely upgrade a passenger's riding experience. These include an AM/FM/CD player with six speakers and a tire inflation/pressure monitor, among others.
- Now spanning four generations, the Dodge Ram 1500 van already has five different trims available for interested takers. These are the ST, the SLT, the TRX, the Sport, and the Laramie. They feature different specifications, but they all come in the same exterior dimensions. All five trim lines share the width of about 79 inches, height of around 75 inches, and ground clearance of 9 inches.