Dodge Ram 1500 Floor Mats
Tips for Cleaning Dodge Ram 1500 Floor Mats
With its rugged exterior built for hauling cargo, towing other vehicles, and tackling difficult terrains, your Dodge Ram 1500 can be the perfect companion for an all-season outdoor adventure. But just because it’s rough and sturdy on the outside doesn’t mean that it can’t go all soft and comfy on the inside. To keep your truck’s cabin neat and the flooring safe from rust, muck, sludge, and moisture, cover it up with a nifty set of Dodge Ram 1500 floor mats. Keep these floor mats clean and well maintained, and you won’t have to go looking for a new set anytime soon. For that, here are some good cleaning tips:
Dry clean the floor mats.
- Dry cleaning can be done on all types of floor mats, from rubber and vinyl mats to all-weather and carpet types.
- A scrub brush (better if this has hard bristles for easier cleaning) or car vacuum can be used to remove dry dirt.
- Dirt can be beaten out of mats that are hung.
- Lay the mats flat to easily scrub away dirt and debris that settled in.
Soak them for some deep cleansing.
- Soaking can be a good cleaning method for carpet and all-weather Dodge Ram 1500 floor mats. For rubber and vinyl, dry cleaning or washing them using detergent would work better.
- Soaking the carpet and all-weather mats overnight in water with detergent (should not contain chlorine to prevent wear on the material) will make it easier to scrub or wipe away deep-seated dirt.
- Rinse the floor mats thoroughly and dry them well after soaking and scrubbing.
- Don’t use a washing machine to clean mats with delicate materials.
Power wash the floor mats for thorough cleaning and rinsing.
- Power washing is a good option for cleaning and caring for any type of floor mat.
- Get rid of surface dirt by using a vacuum.
- Scrub and wash away stains and deep-seated dirt and debris with a scrub brush and cleaner for the carpet (foaming cleaner is highly recommended) or rubber.
- Use a hose or pressure washer to whisk away dirt, soap residue, grime, and stains.
- Let your Dodge Ram 1500 floor mats dry completely to keep mold and mildew from setting in.