Dodge Ram 3500 Parts and Dodge Ram 3500 Accessories
Six Interesting Facts About the Dodge Ram 3500
- Ever wondered about why the Dodge Ram is named as such? Avard T. Fairbanks, the designer, was the one who made the proposal. When asked by Chrysler, he responded, "It is sure-footed; it's the King of the Trail; it will not be challenged by anything. And if you were on the trail and saw that ram charging down on you, what would you think? Dodge!"
- The Dodge Ram 3500 trim line appeared during the Ram's second generation. This was the time where the model was heavily redesigned to make it look more like a big rig truck than a pickup. This facelift greatly helped the sales of the vehicle, with around 100,000 units on its first year and steadily grew on an annual basis.
- The Dodge Ram is classified as a "dually truck," meaning it has two rear tires on each side. Those two additional tires give out increased power and could carry around a ton. This makes the vehicle very capable of towing very heavy loads. This kind of truck usually hauls a racecar or a fifth-wheel Coachman with ease even up on a hill.
- A great selling point among truck enthusiasts was the engine, and the Dodge Ram 3500 had just that. In 1994 it introduced the 8.0L V10 engine, which produced superior pulling power without the need of a diesel engine. This made the model a go-to vehicle for heavy-duty work and performance.
- Though big in power, the Dodge Ram 3500 doesn't skimp on technological advancements. The 2013 model is built with Chrysler's very own Uconnect system. It is an interactive touchscreen display that gives you access to you phone, radio, and media players all in a touch of a button. It is also voice-activated, providing you with luxury even when doing industrial-sized workloads.
- When competitors adopted the Ram's "big rig" look, Dodge decided to kick it up a notch with their third generation model, which was released in 2002. In addition to the new frame, suspension, and powertrain, it also had a bigger grille, as well as special models that made it a prized vehicle amongst car enthusiasts.