Dodge W150 Parts and Dodge W150 Accessories
Little Known Facts about the Dodge W150
- The name Dodge W150 is also known as the Power Wagon 150, part of the four-wheel drive light truck series produced by Dodge from 1945 to 1980. The "W" stands for four-wheel drive, while "150" denotes that it is a half-ton truck. The name is part of the previous generation's model designations.
- The gas mileage of a 1985 Dodge W150 does not greatly differ from its W100 counterpart. With its fuel-efficient engine size of 3.7 liters, it can save up to 13 mpg (18.1 liters/100km) using regular gasoline. However, its two-wheel drive counterpart, the Dodge Ram D150 Miser, is sold as a truck with a more decent gas mileage. This truck is equipped with a slant-six engine and with a four-speed manual gearbox.
- The 1982 Dodge W150 is commonly raised or customized by its owners. It is also used as a utility vehicle, especially for hauling large cargo as well as for towing other vehicles. And because of its four-wheel drive capability, this Dodge truck can withstand all kinds of terrain-from wetlands to steep roads.
- Due to energy crisis and economic issues in the United States, the sales of Dodge pickups-including the W150, among others-flopped during the 1980s. It was only in the 1990s when the brand was able to redeem its name with the major redesign of the Dodge Ram line.
- A 1977 Dodge W150 hot rod made a cameo appearance in the music video of "Everybody Talks" by Neon Trees. The song is the lead single of the American rock band's second album, "Picture Show," which was released in 2011. This single made it to the top six of the Billboard Hot 100.
- The 2001 Dodge W150 pickup is a four-wheel drive available in special luxury trim (SLT) version that includes alloy wheels, cruise control, power mirrors and windows, and standard driver and passenger air bags. This specific trim is well known for its towing power and roomy interiors. It comes with an overdrive automatic transmission and an 8-cylinder 5.2-liter engine. It also has a four-door version called the SLT plus, which has additional features.