Why the Ferrari 328 GTS Rocks
- It's hard to deny the success and legacy of the Ferrari 328 GTS. Produced between 1986 up to 1989, about 6,000 units of the 328 were sold. This makes it one of the best-selling Ferraris of all time.
- The appeal of the Ferrari 328 GTS all starts with the car's looks. Penned by the renowned Pininfarina firm of Italy-whose specialty is in the design of cars-the soft and sleek body of the GTS instantly hooked anybody who caught a glimpse of the sports car. One wouldn't doubt the beauty and attractiveness of the Ferrari 328 GTS especially if it's painted in typical-Ferrari. The overall package was seen as a huge step away from the horrible sight of the Bretone-designed Ferrari GT4, released some time earlier, with its sharp and pointy edges.
- A part of the Ferrari 328 GTS' success can be attributed to its status as a worthy successor to its predecessors: the equally iconic 308 (featured in the intro of Magnum P.I.) and the Dino 246. When these cars were new, their two-seater layout powered by a strong V8 engine was an instant hit. Drivability was highly commendable as well. Qualities like these became the cornerstone of the 328.
- Similar in style and design, there are two details that differentiate a Ferrari 328 GTS from the 308. The 328 featured a stronger 3.2L, V8 engine while the 308 was limited to a smaller 3.0L. In terms of looks, it was easy to spot the new grill located at both ends of the 328.
- The Ferrari 328 was, and still is, considered the best value-for-money car from the prancing horse. It was a powerful car with all the amenities one would expect from a luxury sports car, but only with an unintimidating price tag. It entry-level classification was the perfect car for anybody looking to buy their first Ferrari. Even old units are available still at a reasonable price.
- Reliability is one of the high points of the Ferrari 328 GTS. Rarely would the car require major repairs. Other than routine maintenance and inspection from its owner, it is expected that the vehicle would last a long time. There are still second-hand units being sold today that are well maintained and working.