Ford E-150 Parts and Ford E-150 Accessories
Things about the Ford E-150 that are Nice to Know
- In October of 2009, Ford recalled several of its models, including the Ford E-150 produced 1992 and 2003, because of high risk of smoking, overheating, and even burning. The cruise control and anti-lock braking system were among the causes of these problems. Other models include Ford Excursion, Explorer, Windstar, Ranger, F-150 to F-450, and the rest of the E-series. The Mercury Mountaineer was also included in the recall. Initially, a total of 4.5 million cars were affected, but the number blew up to 15 million cars. This was one of the largest, most recent recalls in the history of automobiles.
- The Ford E-150 is equipped with Ford's Crew Chief telematics system that is claimed to save fuel by up to 20%. The Ford Crew Chief is a fleet management tool that helps drivers in managing their vehicles and help managers in tracking their fleet in three areas of operation: diagnostic, vehicle location, and driver behavior.
- Did you know that the 1999 Ford E-150 was one of the main vehicles used in the 2001 movie, Ocean's Eleven? Death Valley (2011) also used the 1999 Ford E-150. Other movies that featured the Ford E-150 include Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005), The Scorned (2002), All About Steve (2009), Just Like Heaven (2005), Sinner and Saints (2010), One for the Money (2012), The Chicago Code (2011), Limitless (2011), and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) among others.
- The Ford E-150 and the Ford Econoline was also used in TV series including Seinfeld, Magnum, P.I., Ghost Whisperer, NCIS, Burn Notice, Sons of Anarchy, Knight Rider, Hawaii Five-O, and Malcolm in the Middle to name a few.
- The Ford E-150 and the entire E-series fleet has been the standard for a full-size van. For more almost three decades, it is the best-selling vehicle in its class.
- Intellichoice named the 2011 Ford E-150 as the 2009 Best Overall Value vehicle. It also received the 2010 Ideal Vehicle Award and Ideal Popular Brand & Top Brand Overall Award from AutoPacific. Edmunds named the Ford E-150 Most Wanted 2002 Best in its class.