Six Fun Film Facts for the Ford F-350
- The Ford F-350 pickup truck appeared as the lead character's jet car in the movie The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimensionor simplyBuckaroo Banzai. The 1984 science fiction parody tells the story of Dr. Buckaroo Banzai played by Peter Weller, who modified the pickup truck with a jet engine to defeat a group of aliens called Red Lectroids.
- Also in the film, the Ford F-350 is equipped with a device called oscillation overthruster, which allowed the pickup truck to drive through solid matter.
- Moreover, the modified Ford F-350 jet car portrayed in the film was actually installed with a real jet on it. In addition to the real jet installation, the frame assembly was also reinforced to carry more weight, air scoops from a DC-3 plane were added, a cockpit from a German fighter plane was installed, and parachute packs were included to simulate an authentic look and feel of a jet car.
- Making yet another appearance in a film, the Ford F-350 pickup truck bared its distinctive and charming appeal in the 2000 remake action film Gone in 60 Seconds, which featured famous stars Nicolas Cage and Angelina Jolie. In the film, the pickup truck shared the spotlight with 50 more luxury cars. Although the film was reviewed badly by most critics and viewers, car enthusiasts admired the film for showing quite a list of unique and classy vehicles.
- In addition, the Ford F-350 also appeared in the original 1974 Gone in 60 Seconds film. In the original film, the pickup truck owner was being chased by the authorities for attempting to steal a Challenger. You see, this film also became famous for destroying 93 cars in a 40-minute car chase scene.
- A 1986 Ford F-350 literally made a huge appearance in the 80's film Road House.In the film, the pickup truck was equipped with six-foot-tall tires and weighed around 28,000 pounds. The pickup truck was driven by actor Patrick Swayze who plays as a bouncer protecting a small town in Missouri from a crooked businessman.