Ford Tempo Parts and Ford Tempo Accessories
Interesting Facts about the Ford Tempo
- Like GM's GMC and Chevrolet vehicles, the Ford Tempo had its twin, the Mercury Topaz. Both were built and were discontinued on the same year (1984-1994). The Ford Tempo succeeded the much bigger, Ford Fairmont, while the Mercury Topaz succeeded the Mercury Zephyr-and yes, the Ford Fairmont and the Mercury Zephyr shared the same characteristics and were twins.
- After the Ford Tempo was discontinued in 1995, the Ford Contour took over its market segment. Meanwhile, in the Mercury line, the Topaz was replaced by the Mercury Mystique. The Contour and the Mystique were both mid-size sedans and shared the same characteristics-making them twins-following the line of the Fairmont and Zephyr, and the Tempo and Topaz.
- Globally, the Ford Tempo and all the other vehicles that came before and after it is known today as the Ford Mondeo. Ford Mondeo is known as the Ford Fusion in the U.S.
- The Ford Tempo (and the Mercury Topaz) was as one of the best selling Ford vehicles and one of the best selling cars in the United States in its era. The most successful year for the Tempo was in 1984 when there were more than 400,000 units sold. The Topaz added 100,000 units in the same year. All in all, there were more than 2.7 million Ford Tempo vehicles sold in the United States.
- The reason why the Ford Tempo was discontinued was not because it was a fluke. In fact, as was said, it was one of the best selling vehicles of its time. The Tempo was discontinued because Ford decided to replace it with a new platform to respond to the new and higher safety standards.
- There is a group called the Tempo and Topaz Owners Club you can find online. Another group is called the Tempo-Topaz Car Club of North America. Both are a forum-based site that brings together owners of both the Ford Tempo and the Mercury Topaz to interact among each other and share information about their vehicles. In these forum sites, you can ask questions and answer questions regarding the two vehicles.