Six Quick Facts About the GMC K25/K2500 Suburban
- If you're having a tough time telling your C's from your K's with the GMC K25/K2500 Suburban, let us help you. Whether C or K, it's the same truck, essentially! The only difference is that if your want four-wheel drive, it the K version that you have to go to-the C version is a lower-key two wheel drive variant. Of course, the K's cost more-they're further down in the alphabet after all.
- Is it a GMC or a Chevrolet? Sure, it's tagged as the GMC K25/K2500 Suburban, but Chevrolet has one that looks exactly like it! Well, there'll be no lawsuits here. The two are exactly alike in every way except for the symbol that they have upfront on the grille. That's because GMC owns Chevrolet, and sometimes "repackages" the same thing under both brands. For brand loyalists, perhaps?
- The GMC K25/K2500 Suburban holds many distinctions. First, the Suburban tag has the record for longest continuous use. Starting from 1934, the Suburban tag has been produced under Chevrolet, Holden, and GMC. Second, it is the single most profitable product marketed and sold by General Motors-a record yet to be beaten.
- Still feeling a little confused? The K25 and K2500 are, again, essentially the same GMC Suburban-the appearance and specs are nearly identical. The difference this time is with the engine. The K25 has a diesel engine powering it, while the K2500 houses a gasoline-powered engine under the hood. It may be a little confusing for some but it does give a wide range of choices.
- In the Nicolas Cage movie World Trade Center-which was a tribute to the heroic efforts of emergency services personnel during the September 11 attacks-the brave fire chief that Cage portrays drives around in a GMC K25/K2500 Suburban. This is a nod to the rugged nature of the truck which is often used by real-life first responders and disaster relief personnel.
- Just south of the border in Mexico, these rugged trucks are used as police vehicles. This specially designed GMC K25/K2500 Suburban is nicely decked out, too! It comes standard with a DVD player and a GPS navigation-enhanced radio-with a touch screen.