GMC Sierra 2500 Parts and GMC Sierra 2500 Accessories
Six Amazing Things You Didn't Know about the GMC Sierra 2500
- If you park your GMC Sierra 2500 beside a Chevrolet Silverado and just happen to notice that they kind-of, sort-of seem the same-wonder no more. They really are the same truck. In fact, the only difference is the logo up front on the grille. If you're wondering why one or the other doesn't fling a lawsuit faster than Samsung can say Apple, it's because Chevrolet is owned by GMC. Why sell the same truck under different names? Well, they figured that certain people just want to stay brand-loyal.
- While some games feature some very famous cars and trucks, the GMC Sierra 2500 has a game all to itself. In a bid to promote its already successful truck line (because you simply can't have enough success), the company released a monster truck themed game for its Sierra. Sure, the Sierra in the game was souped-up, tricked-out, and in no way street legal, but hey, it was a wonder to drive.
- While primarily a pickup truck, the GMC Sierra 2500 was a very versatile platform. With a flick of the switch, several man hours in labor, lots of parts, some heavy duty modification, the Sierra can transform into a storage platform for delivery services. As the Land of the Dead showed us, it could also work well as a rail-exclusive transport too.
- Speaking of Land of the Dead, the GMC Sierra is a very prominent feature in many movies and popular TV serials out today. In its resume are The Closer, Breaking Bad, Grey's Anatomy, and Modern Family. Heck, you can even spot it is the standard truck used in the animated series King of the Hill.
- To anyone in America-or at least, California and Nevada-the name GMC Sierra 2500 evokes the rugged peaks of the Sierra Nevada-or the Sierra Madre, Sierra Blanca, Sierra Ancha, or Sierra Estrella. Yes, you read that right: this truck is named after no less than five mighty American mountain ranges-more if you count the Sierras all over the world. The funny thing is that, stock and as it is, the truck is not equipped to actually handle the rigors of those mountains. Ominously, the word sierra is Spanish for "saw."
- If the rugged strength and carrying capacity of the GMC Sierra 2500 isn't quite enough for you, they have an HD, or heavy duty, version available. This variant is essentially the same truck-reinforced to haul a whopping 3,000 pounds-in its bed.