GMC Yukon Denali Parts and GMC Yukon Denali Accessories
6 Cool Facts about GMC Yukon Denali
- As America developed a thing for upscale SUVs, GMC's initial response was a top-of-the-line version of the Yukon, its line of full-size SUVs. The Yukon Denali entered the automotive market scene as a 1999 model. It was slated to compete against the 1998 Lincoln Navigator of Ford, along with other Japanese and German vehicles under the same league.
- Denali is quite a unique name for a vehicle, and some may wonder where GMC got this nameplate. It's actually a native name for Alaska's Mount McKinley. This nameplate went on to become one of the more successful models under the Yukon lineup.
- The GMC Yukon Denali's popularity has to do with its lower cost compared to its dolled-up sister, the Cadillac Escalade, which was the GM luxury brand's foremost entry into the booming SUV segment. The Denali remains a good alternative to other luxury full-size SUVs in the market.
- The GMC Yukon Denali has become a key player in the ever-growing luxury SUV segment. What made it hold on to its popularity is its power to wow spectators and SUV lovers whenever a new model comes out. From time to time, GMC introduces improved styling for both the interior and exterior, giving it a sharper look. The newer versions of the Yukon Denali also have more power and better fuel mileage, with OnStar advanced communication system to boot. The 2013 model, for instance, has chrome accents and wood-grain details for a plush interior. It's equipped with the Bose Surround Sound System and has heated and cooled front seats. You can also say that the exterior is fiercer than ever.
- The GMC Yukon Denali isn't only a star on the road but also in a couple of TV series and movies. It had been used in a car chase in Bad Boys II and Enemy of the State, along with other action movies. It had also been featured in many scenes of the hit TV series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
- The GMC Yukon Denali is a hit among celebrities like Matthew McConaughey, who was spotted driving around town in this SUV. Football player Bob Sanders also once owned a customized Denali.