Infiniti FX35 Fun Facts
- The Infiniti FX35 is the perfect example of what a crossover SUV should be. It uses the same platform as that of the Nissan Armada and the Nissan 370Z. The result is a vehicle that has the looks and power of a full-size SUV with the handling of a nimble and sporty sedan. Performance and practicality are offered in this one vehicle. Classified as a luxurious crossover, it already feels like the Infiniti FX35 is a complete car in its own way.
- Despite drawing designs from an SUV, the Infiniti FX35 struggles to handle as a serious off-road vehicle. This is offset by the sedan-side of the equation. What the FX35 can't achieve on trails, it compensates for dream-like handling on even roads.
- Executives of the Infiniti FX35 use the terms bionic cheetah and a giant scarab to describe the car's look. One look at the car and its understandable how bionic comes into consideration. Its overall shape and contours appears unlike any other car in its class. Its bug-like shape-flat nose and hunch back-resembles that of a scarab. With a 3.5L, 303hp V6 engine, it definitely is a fast car.
- Even if the Infiniti FX35 is the entry-level model in the FX lineup, reviewers discovered that there wasn't much that differentiated this car from the stronger FX37, FX37, FX45, and the new FX50. Other than a stronger engine, the overall handling capability of the vehicle was fairly similar across all models.
- One interesting feature of the Infiniti FX35 is its adaptive AWD system. When the vehicle is relatively slow or tackling a corner, both front and rear wheels are equally powered to limit leans and handling difficulty. Once it comes up to speed, energy is redistributed more to the rear for a smoother and more powerful ride. Technologies and innovations like these are some of the luxuries that the Infiniti FX35 boasts.
- The Infiniti FX35 boasts a more affordable price tag compared to other cars in the same classification. Against the Mercedes Benz M-class, the FX35 is cheaper by around $4,500. On the other hand, a BMW X5 is priced higher by almost $11,000.