Six Things You Did Not Know About the Jeep Wrangler JK
- In 2007, the Jeep Wrangler JK was the only Jeep available on-sale that could boast of a solid front axle. Every other Jeep released at the time had the flimsier two-piece variant of the front axle. This made this particular Jeep tougher and more durable. In fact, this release proved to have the least number of complaints related to the front axle and the drive train.
- The Jeep Wrangler JK is the only Jeep-branded product that is not actually a "jeep." All the other Jeeps retain the basic appearance, form, build, and engine of the original jeep-which was classed as a truck. What is the JK? It is a full-bodied SUV. In the same way that the Hummer SUV was a development of the Humvee, the JK is the SUV-equivalent of the original jeep.
- A version of the Jeep Wrangler JK is factory installed with right-hand drive-a great rarity in the United States! This version is targeted at US mail carriers. Rural mailboxes in the United States are serviced without the deliverer leaving the car-this is for the sake of convenience as well as in consideration for the safety of the mailman!
- An armed version of the Jeep Wrangler JK played a small role in the Marvel summer blockbuster, the Avengers. Even tougher than a Humvee in the movie, it came armed with a 50-cal. Up top and a lighter machine gun mounted in the passenger's side. That's not a bad upgrade in roles for a ride that was last seen in the B-movie Pirhanaconda.
- The Jeep Wrangler JK boasts of being the most American of all American rides. That's not a hard claim to believe when you realize that each one of the components used to create it comes from a different manufacturer! And when you truly break it down, nearly every State from the east coast to the west is well-represented.
- Everyone knows that every vehicle has a number of options packages called trim levels to help customers specify the kind of ride they need. Well, the Jeep Wrangler JK boast one the widest arrays of choices when it comes to trim level. "X", "Rocky Mountain", "Islander", "Mountain", "Sport", "X-S", and "70 th Anniversary" are just some of the editions or trim levels available!