6 Interesting Facts about the Lexus Rx350
- The Lexus Rx350 was actually the first of its kind-a luxury crossover SUV. It quickly gained popularity and eventually became the best-selling model of Lexus. As a result, it served as a model for newer designs in the crossover SUV division.
- In 1997, Lexus Rx350 was launched in Japan as Toyota Harrier. It exhibited close similarities with Toyota Highlander and Toyota Camry, which the Rx350 platform was based from. Meanwhile, in the North American Auto Show, Lexus Rx350 was introduced as the Rx300.
- Want proof of this vehicle's reliability? The 2013 model of the Lexus Rx350 battled it out with 20 other mighty contenders to earn the second spot in the U.S. Auto News Rankings for the luxury mid-size SUVs segment. According to the U.S. News website, the ranking was based on its analysis of reviews and test drives done on the Rx350. This luxury SUV gained quite a number of approvals due to its effective combination of comfort and style. It also takes pride on its good fuel economy and simple navigation system that many drivers have grown fond of. Because of its impressive features, the Lexus Rx350 took away the second spot with an overall score of 8.6.
- Lexus introduced a hybrid model for the Rx350-the Rx400h. It was designed with a blue halo surrounding the manufacturer's emblem, which can also be found on other Lexus hybrid vehicles. This attribute is also known to create a strong distinction and impression when the vehicle is on the road.
- Despite being a luxury vehicle, the hybrid model of the Lexus Rx350 could actually be unpopular among car thieves. This is due to its built-in Theft-Deterrent System, which consists of a rolling code that sort of paralyzes the engine when the wrong key is used. Now, there is no way for any thief to easily take this SUV away.
- A luxury SUV paired with an eargasmic audio system? Then, you must be talking about the Lexus Rx350 equipped with a 12-speaker Mark Levinson sound system. Audiophiles-slash-car enthusiasts would surely lust over this piece of high-end audio equipment capable of producing high-quality treble and clarity.