Mercedes Benz C220 Parts and Mercedes Benz C220 Accessories
Six Slick Facts About the Mercedes Benz C220
- International soccer sensation Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the most famous owners of the Mercedes Benz C220. This is worth mentioning because it bucks at the informal, unmentioned trend that rich superstars get only Ferraris, Porsches, Lamboghinis, Bugattis, and other fast and sleek sports cars. Granted, he does own all those other ones too-it's still nice to know that the Real Madrid socceroo goes for cars with class as well!
- Mercedes Benz's naming conventions seem to always confuse a lot of people-they've run down close to the entire alphabet already. The "C" class is no exception to this. Many have guessed that it stands for "citizen" due to the size-the people's car, the Volkswagen, is small too. As romantic as that sounds, "C" actually stand for "compact." Since 1997, the "A" class has been the most compact of all Mercedes Benzes-a category it took from the "C" class.
- Also known as the baby Benz, the C220 is certainly one of Mercedes Benz's smaller automobiles. Do not let that fool you however; it is still rather large when put side by side with other cars-like Japanese imports! Still, it's a welcome addition to the lineup as a lot of consumers had mentioned that the cars produced by the German manufacturing giant were far too big for their tastes!
- In a head-to-head race with Mercedes Benz C220s from Europe, C220s from America are going to lose every time! That's because US tire-speed restriction forced Mercedes Benz to electronically limit the speed to 130 mph-that's a lot slower than those driving about mainland Europe. Other changes in the American version include a third stop light, side lights next to the turn signals up front, and no specific trim level choices.
- How can you tell if your Mercedes Benz C220 is a souped-up model? Check the trunk lid. All cars from the German giant that have supercharged engine will have "Kompressor" in metallic, raised letters on the trunk lid opposite the car's designation.
- The C220 is one of Mercedes Benz's truly "global" car-in terms of manufacturing, at least! It is manufactured in Germany, Egypt, South Africa, Brazil, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, and even a city called "6th of October" in Egypt. That's a circuit all around the world!