Mercedes Benz Clk320 Parts and Mercedes Benz Clk320 Accessories
Things You May Not Know about the Mercedes Benz CLK320
- The CLK320 had its fair share of spotlight in the entertainment industry; it appeared in the movies: Guns, Girls and Gambling (2011); The Hike (2011); 7lives (2011); The Bridge (2010); Queen Cobra (2007); Havoc (2005); and Here on Earth (2000). It also appeared in the following series: CSI: Miami (2002); New Tricks (2003); Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (2005); Alarm fÃ¼r Cobra 11 - Die Autobahnpolizei (1996); Wildfire (2005); and Motorweek (which started in 1981-before the CLK320 was even introduced).
- The CLK means Coupe Leicht Kurz, which means Coupe Light Short in German.
- The whole CLK series was based on Mercedes-Benz' W202 and W203 platforms of the C-Class, but the CLK's engine and price range are more similar to that of the E-Class.
- Some specs of the CLK320: (1) the car can go zero to 60 in 6.9 seconds; (2) it has a top speed of 130 mph; (3) it is made of welded steel stampings; and (4) it measures 180.2 by 67.8 inches.
- Unlike the US models that have all-leather interiors with burl walnut trim, the European versions leaned more on the elegant side. European versions of the CLK cars had two concepts: Elegance and Avantgarde. The former version has a burr walnut trim and polished alloy wheels, while the latter has an alloy trim and wider, sportier wheels.
- Standard equipment for the CLK series includes: alloy wheels, leather power seats, dual-zone climate control, as well as a power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel. Buyers can even go for a sporty look and build for the CLK cars. This will have a navigation system, an upgraded Harman Kardon audio system, and a keyless ignition.
- The 320 was manufactured and sold for around nine years. By 2006, it was replaced by the CLK350 which had better specs (a 3.5L V6 engine, a 24-valve DOHC, and a seven-speed automatic transmission).
- A convertible type of the 320 was introduced in 2004, together with the convertible types of fellow first-generation CLK vehicles: the CLK500 and CLK55 AMG.