Mercedes Benz E420 Parts and Mercedes Benz E420 Accessories
Some Cool Tidbits About the Mercedes Benz E420
- One of the greatest assets the Mercedes Benz E420 had was its mileage capability. The vehicle used the company's W124 chassis, which was utilized by many of their mid-sized vehicles. Because of the high standards German builders had, it won many awards for its ability to drive long distances with the fewest amount of gas necessary.
- The Mercedes Benz E420's base design was an innovation in aerodynamics. Because of its plastic molding, airflow was much smoother and wind noise greatly reduced. This also gave the car the lowest drag coefficient, at around 0.28, among other make models during its production.
- Another big step up for car technology was its exhaust system. An oxygen sensor was introduced as a new feature. The result of this was that in tandem with a semi-electronic fuel injection, the engine was able to work much more efficiently. This was important because during that time, emission regulations were becoming a lot stricter, and this was a great help in meeting them.
- In 1997, the Mercedes Benz E420 underwent a huge facelift. The company, being known for its conservative styling of cars, changed all that with the 1997 iteration. A wider and lower grille was installed, giving the vehicle a more unique and memorable face when on the road. Also, the entire vehicle itself is slightly larger, which allowed the manufacturer to create a more balanced vehicle.
- Being a luxury vehicle, the Mercedes Benz prides itself in being able to provide absolute comfort and relaxation when cruising down the highway. A leather interior with a walnut finish may seem unappealing at first, but are supportive enough for you to be able to drive long distances without any risk of back pains. Its audio system is also top-notch, with a Bose sound system.
- As astounding the power and luxury the Mercedes Benz E420 has, the safety of the driver is still top priority for the company. With a deformable crush zones and side air bags, one is sure to still be alive and kicking if a car accident ever occurs. It also has ASR5 traction control, which allowed the vehicle to make immediate stops when needed.