Things You Probably Don't Know About the Mercedes-Benz E430
- A flat underbody tray improved the airflow beneath the car to clean up its aerodynamics, and as a result, the 1986 year model Mercedes-Benz E-class-which included the E430-had the lowest rolling resistance of any car in its category.
- The displacement of the 4.2-liter V-8 engine was enlarged to 4.3 liters for 1999, gaining the Mercedes-Benz the E430 nomenclature. It debuted in 1998 as a replacement for the similarly V-8 powered E420 belonging to the W210 chassis, which was produced by the German automaker from 1995 to 2002. For year model 2000, the diesel didn't make the trip across the Atlantic; however a manual shift feature for the five-speed automatic did and was labeled "Touch Shift". As the second most powerful W210 sedan after the E55 AMG, which was introduced in 1999, it provides power for passing and high-speed cruising while retaining all the comforts typical of a Mercedes.
- The Mercedes-Benz B55 was converted from a front-wheel drive vehicle to a rear-wheel drive vehicle, using the axle from an old E430 wagon. It comes packed with an old 5.5-liter V-8 engine motor, which produces 383 horsepower and 391 pound-feet of torque, bringing considerably more power than what the normal B-class has to offer.
- Like all other W210s, the E430 has been redesigned on the outside to attract a younger, more progressive clientele; the car is larger than the W124 E420 it replaced, giving it a more luxurious appearance. In addition to that, the front end has been redesigned, with four headlights rather than the two on earlier generations.
- The E430 has two types of standard service-Service A and Service B. Service A is a service which includes a check on fluid levels, etc. plus an oil change. Service B is a major service which checks on important Mercedes-Benz E430 parts and Mercedes-Benz E430 accessories, replacing or filling as necessary, plus automatic replacement of the dust filter and an oil change. Some of the Service B work depends on how many miles the car has done and how long it was since the car's last service.