Guide to Searching for the Right Monroe Shock Absorber
After years of service, your shock absorbers finally gave up on you. Now, you run to the store to get replacements so that you can still safely drive your vehicle. But wait-you only find shock absorbers from Monroe. You're a bit hesitant whether to purchase these because they might not be compatible with your car. But, there's absolutely no need to worry because here are the stuff you need to know about the different Monroe shock absorber types.
Monroe Max-Air shock absorbers
- What makes them awesome: Max-Air shock absorbers can maintain the vehicle height even as you load heavy stuff that are up to 1,100 lbs. Plus, these can be used on cars that are built with automatic leveling systems.
- Where they fit: These are ideal for cars that frequently haul heavy loads such as tow trailers or trucks.
Monroe Sensa-Trac shock absorbers
- What makes them awesome: Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks surely improve your ability to control the vehicle better without compromising your comfort. These shocks also easily adapt to the different road conditions or even the heavy load you haul.
- Where they fit: These are great for passenger vehicles and even trucks because the shock absorbers can easily adjust to the heavy weight and allow you to improve control.
Monroe Reflex shock absorbers
- What makes them awesome: These reduce the vehicle's body roll rate when cornering because of your ride's improved stability.
- Where they fit: They're ideal for sports utility vehicles, larger light trucks, and even cars with a high center of gravity.
Monroe Quick-Strut shock absorbers
- What makes them awesome: These shocks are quick to install because you don't have to take out the strut assembly. These are also easy to work on because they don't require you to use special tools. It's safe for DIYers, even for amateurs, because you don't need to compress the coil springs.
- Where they fit: These products are great for light trucks, sports utility vehicles, and passenger cars.
Monroe Monro-Matic Plus shock absorbers
- What makes them awesome: These are great since they're an inexpensive replacement option. They offer you the balance that every vehicle needs and comfort that the driver deserves. These feature the Velocity Proportional Valving (VPV) technology, which offers proportional damping depending on the speed of car-to-road impact.
- Where they fit: These are great for passenger cars and trucks.