Nissan 240SX Hubcaps
Ways to Keep Your Nissan 240sx Hubcaps Looking as Good as New
Your Nissan 240sx hubcaps are there to protect the wheel nuts and bolts from getting rusty and corroded, which can make these hardware pieces difficult to remove. Because of their material, however, hubcaps can get easily rusted too. If you neglect these components, your car will start looking aesthetically worn. The good news is it is very easy to keep them looking brand new-or at least keep the rust away. If you don't know where to start, you can try some of these tips.
How to clean your hubcaps
- Sand the entire hubcap with 80-grit sandpaper, and then use 320-grit paper on both its inner and outer sides.
- Spray the hubcaps with a heavy coat of light gray primer, or any shade that very closely matches the component's original color.
- Always keep the hubcaps as clean as possible. Brake dust quickly builds up as you drive your car, and if you do not remove it on a regular basis, it can do permanent damage to the component. Remember to use brake dust cleaners-not compressed air- to remove these dangerous particles so you will not inhale any of it. A regular schedule of light cleaning should keep the hubcaps in great condition and remove the need of a more intensive chemical cleaning.
- If you want to make your own hubcap cleaner, mix baking soda with clean, warm water, then apply the solution using a clean, soft sponge or brush.
- Apply wax on the hubcaps as it provides protection against everyday dirt. It can also be used to seal in the surface, keeping them from rusting quickly and making them easier to keep clean.
How to prevent loose hubcaps
- Regularly check any clips or bolts that keep the hubcaps in place. Do this especially when you are about to go on a long-distance driving.
- You can make the clips more effective at holding the hubcaps if you slightly sand them down. Do this every time you take out the hubcaps for cleaning.
- Hubcaps can come loose when new tires are fitted because of the excess lubricant used when mounting the tire on the rim. Make sure that the lubricant is wiped off after a tire change to keep the hubcap snug and tight.