Fun Facts about the Porsche Boxster
- It is no surprise that Porsche models have that unique appeal that catches the fancy of many sports car aficionados. In fact, Askmen.com reviewed one of its famous models-the Porsche Boxster-as the fastest selling Porsche in history. Offering the thrill of top-down driving and a throaty exhaust note, the Boxster remains up to date as one of the best selling Porsche cars, along with Cayenne and Panamera.
- Weighing a mere 2,811 pounds, the 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder is the lightest Porsche model available in the market today. Despite its lightweight configuration, the sports car is still as powerful as its brothers with a 3.4 L six-cylinder engine capable of producing 320 horsepower. As you can see, it provides the perfect balance of weight and performance.
- To celebrate the Porsche Boxster's 50th anniversary in the year 2004, the car company released a series of classy and elegant limited edition models. A Porsche Boxster 550 was introduced with a painted GT Silver Metallic trim, which was similar to the Porsche Carrera GT supercar. In addition, all limited edition models had unique cocoa-brown full-leather interiors, with a gray natural leather as a no-cost option.
- As a well-loved luxury car, the Porsche Boxster has also become a popular choice in the Hollywood circuit. In fact, it is known that many celebrities, which include some of the most famous actors and musicians, drive this outstanding model.
- The Porsche Boxster is not only famous to actors and musicians but also to sports celebrities. In fact, Sachin Tendulkar, the only batsman to score 100 tons in international cricket, owns his very own Boxster model. You see, the famed Indian cricket player is also known to be a fan of luxury cars. He also owns a Mercedes Benz C36 and a Nissan GT-R, among others.
- In the video game Need for Speed: World, the Porsche Boxster Spyder was the first open-top car vehicle to be released. In addition, it was a giveaway for Electronic Arts' Summer Countdown last June 18, 2002. A month later, the Porsche Boxster Spyder was again given as a gift but this time, it was for registered users of GameSpot.com.