Hood by Replacement
Replacement Hood 101: What You Need to Know Before Buying One
Thinking of finally replacing your dented hood? After several months and years of doubting and hesitating, you are now ready to purchase a new hood that is strong enough to withstand damaging factors such as weather, debris, and even collision, but under a tight budget. Getting a Replacement hood for the first time worries you, doesn't it? Why wouldn't it? You can read in most car forums that OE replacement parts are not worth it. So before you think about purchasing a Replacement hood, might as well read this fact sheet about this product:
Replacement steel hoods
- What makes it reliable: For an essential car component like the hood, you cannot afford to use cheap and low-quality replacement parts. Replacement steel hoods that are made from high-quality galvanized steel are durable and affordable at the same time. These hoods underwent a stamp-die cut process and even salt-spray tests to ensure that they would withstand corrosion and weather damage. They are also primered with a reliable finish that helps extend their lifespan.
- Where they fit: Great for everyday use. They fit all types of cars, especially SUVs and vans that need heavy front-end protection.
Replacement aluminum hoods
- What makes it reliable: Aluminum is known to be more expensive but lighter than steel hoods. They are also proven to be more durable when it comes to corrosion due to the metal's low density. Made from high-quality, lightweight aluminum that could improve your car's speed, you won't go wrong with an aluminum hood. It comes in a natural finish that could still be painted depending on your preference.
- Where they fit: Best for sports cars, race cars, and even sedans.
Replacement fiberglass hoods
- What makes it reliable: If you are wary of corrosion damaging your hood, then you might want to give fiberglass hoods a try. These are made from high-quality fiberglass that went through spray lay-up process to ensure added protection. They also have a gelcoat finish for ultraviolet protection and even hydrolysis.
- Where they fit: Perfect for fast and long driving or races due to their lightweight and weather-resistant features. They fit most race cars and muscle cars.