Saturn Sw2 Parts and Saturn Sw2 Accessories
Fun Facts about the Saturn SW2
- In the early 1990s, the station wagon was the preferred vehicle of many growing families. As such, Saturn came up with the Saturn SW2, a sedan wagon that features a double overhead cam engine and a sturdily built wagon. One of the many reasons behind this vehicle's popularity is that it handles just like a sedan, looks like a modern Saturn vehicle, and can comfortably sit a huge family.
- Although Saturn is now a discontinued brand under General Motors, it was able to gain success especially in the station wagon market with the release of its Saturn SW2. Many SW2s can still be seen today, proving the model's reliability and popularity.
- Because the SW2's body panels, roof, liftgate, and hood are built with Saturn's trademark rust- and dent-resistant polymer components, it became a popular mode of transportation among buyers looking for a safe ride for their families. As a matter of fact, the SW2, along with the other vehicles under the Saturn S-series, gained high ratings from the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration).
- Compared to competitor vehicles such as Escort and Corolla, the SW2 has more hip room in the back and front seats, providing a more spacious cabin that's perfect for a large family. It also has a longer wheelbase compared to its competitors. This means better handling when driving over road bumps.
- From 1999 to 2001, special-edition Saturn SWPs (known as postal station wagons) were produced to serve as route mail carriers in rural areas. These wagons featured a right-hand drive system. Right-hand drive Saturn SW vehicles were also sold in Japan, but they weren't as successful as their American counterparts.
- The Saturn SW2 was featured in a scene in the 2004 film made for TV Gone, But Not Forgotten, the 2007 TV series Carpoolers, and the 2006 film The Sasquatch Gang. This car was also featured in the 2008 comedy flick Baby Mama that starred Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. In the movie, Tina Fey's character, Kate Holbrook, drove a Saturn SW2. The car can be seen in several scenes as Kate tries to balance her career and motherhood.