Scion Xb Parts and Scion Xb Accessories
Fun Facts about the Scion XB
- Scion xB is a compact hatchback exclusively manufactured by Toyota for the U.S. market. It comes under the Scion line, which is a series of small cars that's intended for young consumers, particularly those within the 18 to 34-year-old age bracket. The brand refers to this market as Generation Y, comprised by people born between the years 1980 and 1994.
- Toyota decided to come up with a series of cars that would perfectly fit the youth and young professionals because of their large number. And taking this particular target market into consideration, the brand made sure that the features of the Scion xB are what their prospects want and look for in a car.
- The Scion xB may look like a typical delivery van, but this unique and out-of-the-box idea for a car design is one of the main reasons why the model has managed to attract a lot of customers all over the country. Also, the design's outcome actually did the Scion xB well because it was able to pull the entire look together, and gave the car its own identity.
- The first generation of Scion xB was officially introduced in the United States market in 2003. It was one of the two main designs launched by Toyota at the time, the other one being the xA model.
- Scion xB is also sort of related to Toyota's bB model, which is a station wagon where the brand based the platform of its Echo/Yaris model, and is distributed only in the Japanese market. Upon production, makers of the Scion xB made some changes on the Toyota bB such as the conversion of its right-hand drive to left, the replacement of bench seats to make way for bucket seats, and the use of new colors for the front passenger area. These modifications eventually gave birth to the xB.
- Prior to its formal introduction, makers of the Scion xB anticipated that the new model won't surpass the accomplishments of its predecessor, the xA. But after a short period of time, more Scion xB units were sold in the United States as compared to the demand for the xA.