Suzuki Forenza Parts and Suzuki Forenza Accessories
Suzuki Forenza Fun Facts
- The Suzuki Forenza has a lot of other names. It was called, Suzuki Reno, Buick Excelle, Buick Excelle HRV, Chevrolet Lacetti, Chevrolet Nubira, Chevrolet Optra, Daewoo Lacetti, and Holden Viva. Basically, hearing any of these names would only refer to the one and same vehicle. But, it was commonly known as Forenza and Reno in the American market.
- The Suzuki Forenza came as a four-door sedan, five-door station wagon, or a five-door hatchback. Either way, it still provided the great comfort that the driver and passengers deserve to have during long road trips to the mountains or their usual getaway. The hatchback is designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro, whereas the station wagon and sedan by Pininfarina; these were launched in 2002. The hatchback is also commonly known as Lacetti-5 in the Korean market and was launched in America in the summer of 2003.
- The Forenza isn't only seen being driven on the streets. It also had several cameos on different movies and shows such as One Tree Hill, CSI: Miami, The Hit List, and Yes Man to name a few.
- There was a rumor back in November 2012 that claimed that Suzuki could possibly disappear from the American market due to low inventory. But the news isn't final yet because there could be a turnaround on the sales, and that could take the car company out of bankruptcy.
- The Chevrolet Lacetti saloon (the other name of Forenza) was used for the Star in a reasonably priced car, a segment on BBC's Top Gear TV show since the start of the spring season in 2006. On the May 14, 2006 episode, it was noted by Jeremy Clarkson that this vehicle was livelier in the Top Gear track as compared to the Suzuki Liana.
- Since 2005, the European Lacetti is used as a base for race cars that would compete in the WTCC touring car competition. In the spring of that year, Chevrolet also launched the first few photos of a street legal concept that was based on the sports cars from the championship. The company named the concept vehicle Lacetti WTTC R+.