Things You Should Know About the Timken Wheel Hub Assembly
The wheel hub assembly plays a critical role in the overall performance of a car or a truck. Its main purpose is to hold the wheel and tire together by providing ample support all the time. This is very important to keep the vehicle moving continuously through the rotation of the wheel and the tire. However, you should also take note that a wheel hub assembly has different types, especially if you are referring to the one from Timken. So to help you choose the best assembly for your car, here are some of the things you need to know about the Timken wheel hub assembly:
- What makes it reliable: The Timken formed hub allows consumers to directly attach it onto the assembly without the need to use a special set of tools in the process. And if you are working on a budget, this is the wheel hub assembly that would work best for you because the fuss-free design reduces the system's maintenance costs. The product is specially designed to have a configuration that would match any kind of wheel or vehicle without any effect on its performance.
- Where it works best: This formed wheel hub assembly from Timken is most ideal for light-duty trucks and passenger vehicles like compact cars and sedans.
Hub assemblies with sensor
- What makes them reliable: Timken has two major types sensor-equipped hub assemblies: the Sensor-PAC bearing and the Generation III bearing. Both of these assemblies improve the performance of the vehicle by sensing and registering speed no matter how low it may be. If you opt to get this type of wheel hub assembly for your vehicle, you can expect reduction in stiffness, easier control and maneuvering, as well as fuel efficiency.
- Where they work best: The Sensor-PAC and Generation III work best in light trucks, cars, and sports utility vehicles.
Non-sensor hub assembly
- What makes it reliable: The non-sensor hub assembly from Timken also comes with preset, pre-sealed, and pre-greased bearings like the other types from the brand. But what you will notice in this particular kind is its efficiency in reducing the weight of your vehicle, thereby making it so much easier for you to drive and control your car. It is also easier to install as compared to the hub assemblies with a sensor technology.
- Where it works best: Timken's non-sensor hub assemblies are most ideal for use in medium and heavy-duty trucks and in trailer vehicles.