Toyota T100 Parts and Toyota T100 Accessories
Six Fun Facts about the Toyota T100
- The Toyota T100 is the first full-sized pickup truck offered by Toyota in North America. It debuted in 1993 after much anticipation by many automobile critics because of the automaker's good reputation in the compact truck category. The truck boasts of an 8-feet bed but retains the engine and suspension performances of the make's famous compact trucks.
- In 1993, during its first year of availability in the market, the T100 already received awards such as "Best Full-Size Pickup" from the JD Power and Associates Initial Quality Survey and Popular Science magazine's "Best of What's New." This makes the model the first automobile to receive an Initial Quality Survey Award during its first year of production.
- The Toyota T100 is the last Japan-made pickup exported to North America. In 1996, the production of the truck is moved to Toyota's new plant located at Gibson County, Indiana. Even after the discontinuation of the model, following Toyota pickups such as the Toyota Tundra are produced in this new plant.
- Twilight star Kristen Stewart owns a 1995 Toyota T100 with which she is occasionally seen driving around Hollywood. The truck was reportedly seen by Stewart on the set of Twilight where she decided to buy it right then and there. The Twilight Saga is a series of five romantic fantasy movies based on the Twilight series novels written by Stephenie Meyer. Stewart plays as the main female protagonist in the movies.
- The Toyota T100 is not a favorite vehicle to be used on movies and TV series. However, it still has its decent lineup of cameo appearances on films such as the musical movie Joyful Noise, action drama Driven, and the drama thriller Death Sentence.
- In the fifth episode of the fifth season of Pimp My Ride, a completely stripped down 1994 Toyota T100 was brought back to life by Xzibit and his crew. According to the owner, Jason, almost all the parts such as the doors, the seats, and even the bed were stripped and stolen from his pickup. Later rumors state that he merely bought the stripped-down truck from a junkyard, and he scammed the show to sell the "pimped" pickup on Ebay.