Volvo V40 Parts and Volvo V40 Accessories
Six Interesting Volvo V40 Trivia
- The Volvo V40 was the last vehicle to be designed by well-renowned auto designer Peter Horbury before he moved to Chinese automaker Geely, Volvo's new owners. Named as Autocar's Designer of the Year for 1998, Peter Horbury contributed much to Volvo's car designs since he became the Design Director for the brand. The Volvo V40 was shown to the public during the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, although Horbury's design stirred much online interest way before that.
- Always a pioneer when it comes to automotive safety, Volvo equipped the V40 with yet another safety breakthrough-the pedestrian airbag. When the seven sensors on the front of the V40 detect impact from collision with a human, the airbag deploys to protect the pedestrian from head injury caused by the A-pillars and the lower part of the windshield. At collision speeds of 12 to 31 mph, the V40's pedestrian airbag could reduce pedestrian fatalities by 5%.
- With the help of its pedestrian airbag technology, the new V40 helped Volvo achieve a record-high in terms of adult safety and pedestrian safety. With a score of 98% in adult safety and 88% in pedestrian safety, the Volvo V40 set new records at the Euro NCAP crash tests.
- The original Volvo V40 was first seen as part of the compact executive car segment. In 1995, Volvo introduced the S40 sedan and the V40 station wagon. The V40 station wagon was renamed as the V50 for its second generation in 2004. Both the sedan and the wagon was then replaced by the new V40 hatchback.
- The fresh Volvo V40 is the first five-door hatchback from Volvo since 1980's Volvo 440. With the release of the V40, Volvo aims to gain traction in the premium hatchback market and gain more shares in the compact executive car segment.
- Despite being new in the market, the Volvo V40 has already gained a couple of accolades. One of its honors is being given the title of the Best Executive Hatch during the Scottish Car of the Year awards show that was held in Glasgow in October 14, 2012.