Volvo XC70 Parts and Volvo XC70 Accessories
Some Interesting Tidbits About the Volvo XC70
- Ever wondered what the XC70 from the Volvo XC70 stands for? During production, the company names their vehicles based on their outstanding feature. For this model, XC stands for, "Cross Country," while the 70 stands for the platform size. The highlight of this car was its ability to travel very long distances through all types of weather conditions.
- Here is a neat car history tidbit: The Volvo XC70 was originally just a renamed Volvo 850, notable as the first front-wheel drive vehicle in North America. Its sedan and station wagon configurations were the basis for the first generation, and because of its increasing popularity, it simply took off from there.
- A big appeal of the Volvo XC70 is its simplistic body style. The car's simple riffs on right angles, making it look elongated and slightly flat, gave it a unique look. The combination of utility and beauty in its form is what gave this vehicle its main draw.
- The Volvo XC70 prides itself on being able to cross the roughest and steepest terrain that one could encounter when driving on those long country roads. The secret is in its high ground clearance. This small change made all the difference, as that allowed the vehicle to safety maneuver itself through rocky areas.
- Wanna know who designed the Volvo XC70? He was none other than Peter D. Horbury, who is currently the Vice President of Design in Volvo. He was widely known not only for the XC70's restyling, but for a wide range of Volvo products. In fact, he was responsible for reviving the whole Volvo brand in 1991.
- The Volvo XC70 is extremely popular amongst suburban families because of its high priority into security and safety. From its Dual Two-Stage Integrated Booster Seats and blind-spot monitoring, to its auto brake system, it ensures a worry-free ride amongst families.
- Another great selling point of the Volvo XC70 is its affordability for its cargo capacity. Its spacious and adjustable interior, all while keeping a low cost, has earned it recognition amongst award giving bodies. In 2012, it had won the Vincentric Best Value of America award