Battery Doctor Battery Load Tester Review
Battery Doctor has long established itself as the go-to brand for affordable battery parts, tools, and accessories. And one of the tools the brand is offering right now is the battery load tester. Battery Doctor’s line of load testers provides car owners a simple yet effective way to determine the health of the batteries on their vehicles and ensure that they are running in top condition. In this review, we checked out one of the more popular Battery Doctor battery load tester models – the Instant "State of Charge" Tester model – and put it through our usual round of testing.
- Indicates a weak or full charge with a push of a button
- Connects directly with the charger
- Includes 24-inch lead, 3 amperes fuse and peel-and-stick Velcro for easy mounting directly or on near battery
- Reverse polarity protection feature
Things we liked
- Provides a simple, easy-to-read indicator of your battery’s current status. With a push of a button, you’ll immediately be able to determine whether your battery has a full or a weak charge.
- Easy to set up. The Battery Doctor battery load tester does not require tools or a lot of time to install. Simply hook up the charger to the tester and it is ready to go. In addition, the tester also has a Velcro strip, which allows for hassle-free mounting on the battery or on another flat surface in your car’s hood.
Things we didn’t like
- Doesn’t provide a more comprehensive reading of the battery’s load. The indicators simply display whether the charge is full or weak; it does not show the level of the charge as well as other metrics.
- The connecting wire isn’t firmly attached to the base. We noticed that the wire is a bit loose where it connects with the device, and after a bit of forceful tugging, the wire eventually came apart. We certainly advise handling this device with care and avoid getting the wires snagged or pulled with significant force.
The Battery Doctor battery load tester offers a quick way to check whether your car’s battery is charged or not, but don’t expect any more beyond that. We also find this device to be a bit on the fragile end, so make sure to store this device properly when not in use should you decide to invest in one.