Bosal Catalytic Converter Review
Your stock catalytic converter can be causing a huge drag on your engine’s power. That is why most drivers opt to install a performance cat-con in order to achieve maximum benefits. Performance cat-cons usually provide better fuel efficiency than factory converters. Moreover, they are less prone to clogging unlike stock ones. So to improve your vehicle’s fuel efficiency, it’s best that you get a high-quality or performance cat-con. And to give you an idea on which brand would be worth your money, we’ve tried the Bosal catalytic converter on our 2010 Ford Escape. Here’s what we have to say:
Bosal catalytic converter features:
- It comes in a natural finish for a neat and clean look.
- It’s available as an OE replacement; no modifications required.
- A longer service life is expected due to the component’s stainless steel case.
- The tube is made of tough steel material.
- It’s legal for use in all 49 states with California as an exception.
- It’s designed to maximize the flow surface area, allowing the exhaust to move freely out of the car.
- It provides higher fuel efficiency compared to factory catalytic converters.
- Its structure is capable of cutting through toxic gases without causing exhaust flow backups.
- It ‘s compliant to the strict emission standards set by the federal government and SAE.
- It’s crafted and tested using international standards of quality.
- It’s backed by a five-year or 25,000-mile Bosal limited warranty.
We tested the Bosal catalytic converter on our 2010 Ford Escape, and below are some of our observations:
- It’s very easy to install; being an OE replacement speeds up the installation.
- Dust and rust are no longer problems since the catalytic converter’s case is made of stainless steel.
- It enables you to drive in any state thanks to its 49-state emissions legality.
- You can expect a long service life due to the cat-con’s sturdy metal structure.
- It isolates OBD-II issues, which usually occurs in most universal catalysts.
- It effectively filters toxic gases using precious metals and substrates that consist the cat-con.
- It’s offered in an affordable price; much cheaper than other brands like Omix and Crown.
- Although stainless steel is a durable material, aluminum could have been used for better rust prevention.
- You can’t drive in California because this product is only 49-state legal, but it’s not that bad since you are free to drive anywhere else you want.
Therefore, we conclude…
Bosal’s catalytic converter stands out from other cat-cons in a way that it offers lots of features, including a boost in performance. In addition to converting harmful gases into non-toxic ones, this cat-con serves the user right by isolating OBD-II issues frequent in most universal catalysts. So if you’re looking for a cat-con that’s worth your money, we recommend the Bosal catalytic converter.