Bosal Muffler Review
Not all mufflers are created the same. Depending on the type of vehicle you own, your muffler can be loud as a growling beast or quiet like a tame kitten. If you want something that you can use around your neighborhood without worrying about being pulled over for disruption, you need to have a muffler that offers low, smooth tone. We heard people rave about the Bosal muffler for its high-quality performance, so we tested it on our 2000 Honda Civic EX coupe to find out if this muffler is really worth the enthusiasm. Features
What we liked
- 29 inches long
- 9 inches wide
- Rear location
- OE replacement
- Stock sound level
- Chambered internal construction
- Single inlet and outlet
- Offset inlet location
- Center outlet location
- Made from aluminized steel
- Comes in a natural finish
- With two-year Bosal limited warranty
What we didn’t like
- It’s very easy to hook up. We didn’t use any special tools in mounting this muffler. The whole installation process took less than an hour to complete. Moreover, it fits our ride like a glove.
- The rusty, old muffler installed in our 2000 Honda Civic EX coupe gave all sorts of grating noises. This Bosal muffler cancelled all the exhaust noise from our vehicle, giving our ride that smooth, mellow tone. This muffler is perfect for non-street racing vehicles.
- It doesn’t add unnecessary weight to our vehicle. This muffler was made from aluminum, so it’s very lightweight.
- For its quality, this muffler is unexpectedly less expensive than the other brands we’ve found.
Our final say
- This muffler is made from aluminum, not stainless steel. It’s still very decent overall, but we’re apprehensive whether it will last more than five years or not.
- The spring bolt was a bit difficult to remove. We had to use a car ramp to bolts easily. In addition, the hangers need adjustment. It would be great if all the components were able to snap in perfectly without any need for modifications.
Despite being made from aluminum, the Bosal muffler is an excellent OEM replacement. We liked how it eliminated the hoarse exhaust noise in our Honda Civic EX coupe. The mellow sound that it produces is perfect for everyday driving situations. We recommend this muffler to vehicle owners who like an inexpensive yet top-quality muffler for their vehicles.