A Honda car bra is a stylish, sleek looking way to offer significant protection to the front end of your vehicle, which is vulnerable to damage from road debris and other driving hazards simply due to its position. The Honda car bra has its roots on the racetrack, where the car bra originally came into use, designed for Porsches. Eventually, the sporty look of this protective vehicle accessory moved beyond the racetrack and beyond even the Porsche itself, and became a mainstream accessory available for a broad range of vehicle types. The Honda car bra is available for numerous years and models and, as the car bra has evolved, so, too, have the styles, to include differing levels of coverage, such as those that also cover a portion of the hood itself, and different features, such as those that have a built in bug shield. There are certain characteristics that are common to the vast majority of Honda car bra types, and among these are careful manufacturing that ensures that the finish of the vehicle will not be damaged by rough seams or by the fittings used to keep the Honda car bra in place and durable materials that are sure to fit properly and protect for years. Fit is very important to the ability of a Honda car bra to protect as it should, and the materials used have a lot to do with fit. Poor materials mean that you can expect the car bra to sag after a time, perhaps even causing rub damage to the finish of your vehicle. You'll find an excellent Honda car bra selection in our easy to use online catalog, with each Honda car bra featured being made of materials that are strong and reliable and manufactured with the attention to detail that offers great protection and a fine look, while ensuring that the finish underneath will not be harmed. You can order your Honda car bra online or via our toll-free telephone number.
Honda Car Bra Buyer’s Guide
- Like any other vehicle, Honda cars are susceptible to damage from many external factors. Some of the most common car parts that get damaged are the body panels. This is why many Honda car owners are looking into adding a Honda car bra.
- A car bra, also known as a front-end bra or car mask, is a protective piece of vinyl or similar material that attaches to the car and protects it from scrapes and scratches.
- Common car bra shapes are the T-style car bra, the sport bra, and the full front end car bra.
- High-grade vinyl is the most common car bra material, but there are also clear car bras which are made from Paint Protection Film or PPF.
- On average, the usual full front end style of Honda car bras cost around $100 - $200. DIY clear car bra kits can cost as little as $35 or as much as $1000 depending on the amount of coverage you want.
Honda is a global leader in motorcycle manufacturing and is one of the top automakers worldwide. Since Honda Motor Co., Ltd. released its first motorcycle in 1949, Honda grew its operations to include Honda Autos, Honda Marine, Acura Autos, HondaJet, and several other brands.
Honda is known to produce innovative and reliable motorcycles and cars. However, like any other vehicle, their cars are still susceptible to damage from many external factors. Some of the most common Honda car parts that get damaged are the body panels. This is why many Honda car owners are looking into adding a Honda car bra.
Purpose of a Car Bra
Why do you need a bra for your car? The shortest answer is for protection. A car bra, also known as a front-end bra or car mask, is a protective piece of vinyl or similar material that attaches to the car and protects it from scrapes and scratches.
Types of Car Bra
Car bras come in different shapes and styles to suit different applications. Here’s a rundown of the common types of car bras that you can get for your Honda:
Car Bra Shapes
- Sport Car Bra - wraps around the front edge of the hood but shows off the grille and bumper.
- Full Front End Car Bra - covers the grille, bumper, and extends to the front edge of the hood. This is the original car bra design created by Bill Colgan in the early 60s.
- T-Style Car Bra - covers the leading edge and the center of the hood. This style of car bras are more suited for SUVs, vans, trucks, and other vehicles with raised hoods.
Car Bra Materials, Colors, and Finishes
Most car bras are made with high-grade vinyl with a soft, felt-type material underneath. This gives them enough durability to handle constant exposure to the elements. All-weather car bras are made with micro-perforated vinyl that allows trapped moisture to evaporate quickly, so you won’t have to remove them from your vehicle every time they get wet.
Another type of car bra is the clear bra or clear car bra. This is made with Paint Protection Film (PPF) which is a type of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) that wraps around your vehicle. Clear bras can come as pre-cut films or as liquid paint protection sprays.
How Much Does a Honda Car Bra Cost?
The cost of a car bra depends on several factors including your vehicle’s make and model, the type of car bra you want, and of course, the amount of coverage you want. A Honda Accord car bra, for instance, will be more budget friendly compared to a Honda CR-V car bra simple because a sedan is smaller. On average, the usual full front end style of Honda car bras cost around $100 - $200.
Clear bras are very popular too because they don’t impact the look of your car. How much does it cost to put a clear bra on a car? It depends. You can purchase DIY clear car bra kits for your car’s hood or fender for as low as $35 on some Honda aftermarket accessories sellers, but costs can ramp up to $1000 depending on the brand you want, the number of body panels you want to cover, and whether you’re getting it professionally installed or not.