This position is for an experienced, career trade compliance professional with at least 3 years’ experience with U.S. import regulations and policies. The incumbent supports in implementing compliance programs for the increasing volume and complexity of import transactions. Duties include maintaining and updating the company’s product HTS classifications databases, working with the customs broker, product managers, vendors, replenishment, and logistics teams on daily international trade-related matters. This role reports into the Senior Analyst, Trade Compliance under the logistics function.
- Support the company’s Trade Compliance program.
- Maintain the company’s duty rate database (~80k SKUs) and ensure updates are timely completed.
- Perform product review and research for tariff classification purposes.
- Utilize various systems to produce regular reports and data analysis.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, e.g., Replenishment, Logistics, Merchandising and Finance. Ensure business needs are understood and incorporated into new processes and procedures.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an Entry Writer or Customs Broker.
- A valid U.S. Customs broker license is an advantage.
- Familiarity with the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills.
- Superior proficiency in MS EXCEL and data-management applications.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-moving, start-up environment.
- Motivated, self-starter; able to flexibly adapt to change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional manner.
- Detail-oriented and organized, able to multi-task.
- Previous working experience in automotive, retail or freight forwarding operations is an advantage.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the incumbent a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
|Title||Analyst, Trade Compliance|
|Department||International Supply Chain|
|Reports To||Senior Analyst, Trade Compliance|