The Financial Business Analyst will report to the VP of Financial Planning & Analysis and be responsible for evaluating financial data integrity across multiple systems and platforms. The analyst will examine data, build out models and provide analysis that is actionable for sales, margin, freight, OPEX and other KPI metrics.
- Financial data gathering, data validation and manipulation;
- Create dashboards that provide actionable insight for end users;
- Gathering and reviewing internal and external data to create detailed operational and financial projections and analysis for business stake holders;
- Performing financial analysis relating to forecast vs. actual;
- Develop and quantify KPIs to measure each business unit;
- Conduct exploratory data mining and analysis to understand customer engagement and retention and conduct A/B test for various deployments designed to improve the customer experience;
- Coordinating input from various functional areas within the company, including marketing and operations, and taking the lead on the overall drafting and preparation of the materials;
- Assisting with preparation of any other necessary materials for company meetings;
- Providing overall general support to the company’s FP&A team, as well as occasional support to other members of the senior leadership team, which can include market research, data gathering and compilation, reporting on company portfolio and statistics, and other day-to-day activities related to the financials of the company;
- Additional support will include occasional assistance with meeting coordination, travel planning, and general overall support with various ad hoc requests that arise from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Business Systems background is a plus;
- 3-5 years of experience either a financial or business support analytical role;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Microsoft Excel;
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, SAP Business Objects, Looker) is a plus;
- Experience with working large data sets using SQL, MYSQL;
- Ability to understand financial and/or cash flow models and concepts;
- Ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts to achieve a positive outcome;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as attentiveness to details and a commitment to follow up. Able to effectively manage several tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Strong communication skills.
|Title||Financial Business Intelligence Analyst|
|Reports To||VP of Financial Planning & Analysis|