U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc. was established in 1995 and has become a leading online provider of automotive aftermarket parts, including collision, engine and performance parts and accessories. U.S. Auto Parts primary flagship websites are CarParts.com and JC Whitney
The Junior Graphic Designer will support the Art Director and the Marketing team to produce high-quality, on brand, print and digital creative across various in-house brands. From the production of email blasts to the creation of web assets, this position will also play an integral role in creating digital content for social media platforms and e-commerce for our in-house brands. Other tasks will include assisting the team with special projects such as: creating one-off graphics, laying out both print and digital ad placements, creating inter office communications, and concepting and creating fresh. The ideal candidate can easily adapt and be resourceful within a changing and fast paced environment to support the day to day execution of the creative needs, ultimately helping grow the business.
- Produce production quality digital graphics and typography for print, web, mobile and app.
- Work closely with Art Director and marketing team to maintain the daily and weekly upkeep of associated social media and web platforms by updating website assets, emails blasts, landing page, home page, banners, social media graphics, memes, resizing, concepting.
- Utilize brand guidelines to create consistent creative across the board.
- Provide image / creative advertising research for Marketing team (print, video, digital, etc.).
- Keep in touch with market trends, competitive landscape performance, and future concepts that could be applied to the brand creative.
- Aside from Marketing this role may at times work on projects for teams across the organization creating assets for various departments, internal and external presentations, etc.
- Participate and contribute to project and campaign brainstorm sessions.
- Maintain tracking documents of design initiatives and ensure proper organization of rough and final assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and effectively prioritize and multitask.
- Must have at least 1 year of graphic experience including e-commerce, experiential design and online branding. Experience designing for social media branding is a major plus.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign (knowledge of HTML/CSS is a plus).
- Demonstrated understanding of website usability/web mobile optimization best practices.
- Exceptional typographical skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and fulfill multiple project requests while meeting development deadlines.
- Well versed in all social media and existing/emerging platforms.
- Thorough experience designing for the web (e-commerce, emails, online branding, social media).
- Knowledge of video editing, presentation design and automotive a plus, but not required.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the incumbent a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
|Title||Junior Graphic Designer|
|Reports To||Art Director|