In this role, you would be responsible for the day-to-day management of our on-site search engine on: www.carparts.com, and www.jcwhitney.com with an emphasis on search result relevancy, average order value, and conversion. The primary focus of this role is to ensure that the right products show-up when customers use the search bar on our websites.
- Develop a process to continuously improve on-site search relevance and conversion rates. Utilize relevant reporting and analysis to communicate online business trends and search performance. Conduct regular competitive analysis to identify best practices and recommend action steps.
- Effectively merchandise on-site Search Result Pages in an effort to influence conversion rate and sales, while balancing with marketing initiatives and brand focus. You will utilize all available data points, which include search term conversion, product attribution, left-navigation elements, images, inventory, pricing, margin, etc. in an effort to drive profitability for the website. This may include creation of product specific landing pages.
- Customizes product attribution as necessary to enhance SERP, PDP and drive conversion.
- Analyze weekly selling reports to identify slow/no selling items and determine root-causes as it relates to search and make decisions to improve performance.
- Based on merchant input and competitor analysis, advises Product Management team on improvements to website search experience and reports back progress on all search related developments.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 3+ years’ experience with B2C merchandising, product management and marketing in e-Commerce;
- Experience managing a large catalog (>1M SKUs and >1K Categories) a plus;
- Prior knowledge in Automotive Aftermarket industry a plus;
- 1 to 2 years’ experience working with on-site search indexing solutions (Endeca, Bloomreach, SLI Systems, Unbxd, etc.);
- Expert with Microsoft Excel;
- High integrity and solid personality, identifies problems and opportunities, determines root causes;
- Generates new approaches to problems or innovations to established best practices;
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the incumbent a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
|Reports To||VP of Product|