The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the incumbent a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
- Using the company’s replenishment management software to process orders and follow up open purchase orders on a daily basis;
- Follow the defined replenishment strategy, e.g. order frequency, management of backorders, etc. to aim at achieving the highest service level percentage with the lowest possible inventory set by the company;
- Analyze SKUs with low inventory and take proactive actions to prevent running out of stock; investigate out of stock SKUs and implement corrective actions to reach company targeted in stock level and service level;
- Manage open purchase orders to ensure suppliers ship within the required service time and order fill levels; hold suppliers accountable on fill rate, lead-time, late deliveries, or pricing/shipping errors;
- Partner with planning team closely to ensure optimal stock position;
- Provide merchandising team feedback on cost, MOQ or order fill rate issues to resource items if necessary;
- Coordinate with suppliers, distribution centers, accounting department to resolve receiving discrepancies, and request for credits if needed;
- Work with logistics team, forwarders, and custom brokers on containers shipping arrangements;
- Execute special ad-hoc tasks or projects promptly when needed.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in inventory management/replenishment in an automotive or retail hard goods environment;
- High level of skill in Excel and comfortable working with large data sets in Excel environment;
- Solid understanding of principles of inventory management and replenishment process; intermediate understanding of various types of replenishment software;
- Knowledge of international supply chain and oversea import experience;
- Detail management – provide detail analysis of item performance;
- Ability to identify inconsistencies in data and perform validation;
- Self-motivation and a determination to succeed;
- Innovative ideas followed by clear planning & implementation;
- Bilingual: English-Mandarin.
|Department||International Supply Chain|
|Reports To||Replenishment Manager|