U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc., is a leading pure-play Internet retailer of automotive aftermarket parts, including collision, engine and performance parts and accessories. Our products empower people to fix and improve their vehicles, extend their vehicle’s longevity, and get back on the road.
U.S. Auto Parts Network is home to CarParts.com and a world-class Product & UX team, working together to pave the way for the future of the auto parts industry.
We’re looking for a UI Designer to join Team CarParts.com! As a UI Designer, you’ll be a part of a small team rapidly designing and prototyping new features and ideas for current and next-generation CarParts.com features. Working from our Torrance, CA headquarters, you’ll work closely with our Product, UX, and Engineering teams to deliver high quality and thoughtful experiences to our customers. You will be expected to contribute to all aspects of design and execution including pitching your ideas, designing the feature (visual design, interaction design, and prototyping), and partnering with engineering to implement your vision. You will be expected to be able to communicate your ideas to team members and leadership within the company.
- Understand and build upon CarParts.com’s visual identity and design language.
- Implement and maintain an organized design system for CarParts.com.
- Create wireframe, concept sketches to support purposed UI interaction models.
- Work collaboratively with the UX and Product team and iterate using feedback to drive and polish features to a high-quality state.
- Collaborate with a team of designers and engineers to carry design from concept into final implementation.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience;
- 3+ years’ experience working as UI designer in e-commerce, or interaction design field;
- 2+ years’ experience maintaining pattern and component libraries;
- Strong understanding of usability and accessibility design principles;
- Proven proficiency designing responsive UI across device types;
- High attention to detail;
- Must be willing to adapt CarParts.com’s unique workflow and pick up technical knowledge on the go;
- Able to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting;
- Strong command of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Marvel (or other design or prototyping tools), and basic HTML/CSS;
- High integrity and solid personality, identifies problems and opportunities, determines root causes;
- Generates new approaches to problems or innovations to established best practices;
- Detail oriented and highly organized;
- Passion for cars or auto parts a plus!
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- A portfolio showcasing your mobile or interactive design skills and completed work.
- Must be willing to complete a design test if required to do so.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the incumbent a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
|Reports To||VP of Product|