U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc., is a leading pure-play Internet retailer of automotive aftermarket parts, including collision, engine and performance parts and accessories. Our products empower people to fix and improve their vehicles, extend the vehicle’s longevity, and get back on the road.
U.S. Auto Parts Network is home to CarParts.com and a world-class Product & UX team, working together to pave the way for the future of the auto parts.
We’re looking for a User Researcher to join Team CarParts.com! As a User Researcher, you’ll be a part of a small team rapidly designing and prototyping new features and ideas for current and next-generation CarParts.com features. Working from our Torrance, CA headquarters, you’ll work closely with our Product and UX team to assess end-user needs with respect to the company’s digital presence, and based on those needs, combined with business goals, help develop the overall User Experience for visitors.
You have a strong understanding of both the business and the technical aspects of ecommerce. You understand the business stakeholders perspectives and the end-user’s needs. Being able to bridge both the business and technical areas, and to fully understand the different languages used and processes employed, is critical to success.
The User Researcher will perform in one-on-one sessions, or with groups, as appropriate, either in-person or remotely and/or asynchronously – for both generative and summative settings. You will use the information gathered during this research to advocate for customer-centered online interactions and drive business decision-making. The ability to recruit, collect, analyze, and interpret user research is a critical component of this job family, as is the ability to translate user and stakeholder needs into an effective user interface.
- Engages with large stakeholder groups to identify research needs and evangelize for appropriate user research early and often in the solutioning process;
- Using qualitative and connecting quantitative data to inform results to guide and make impactful user-centered experience decisions;
- Synthesize cross-experience findings and results, which may be done by other team members or secondary research sources, with keen eye to inform and influence decision making, advocating for user and identifying trade-offs as needed;
- Coordinates testing logistics including recruiting, incentives, and locations (room scheduling, may be multiple locations, or outside vendor);
- Builds a collaborative, end-to-end engagement process both internally and externally with teams so that user research is a trusted partner early-on and through-out the product development cycle in reflecting consumer and business values.
- 3+ years’ of digital experience moderating usability tests with large team and/or stakeholder engagement;
- Experience with a variety of qualitative and/or quantitative methods, which may include interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, statistical modeling, and diary studies;
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles, best practices, and heuristics;
- Advanced use of Analytics Tools, Focus Group Testing Tools, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word;
- Comfortable presenting to large stakeholder groups;
- Able to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting;
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience; Master’s degree in related field a plus;
- High integrity and solid personality, identifies problems and opportunities, determines root causes;
- Generates new approaches to problems or innovations to established best practices;
- Detail oriented and highly organized;
- Passion for cars or auto parts a plus!
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the incumbent a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
|Reports To||VP of Product|